BEFORE each appointment for the next year, please refer to the appointment instructions on our website or social media so you are prepared for treatment. This information be the only all-inclusive resource of what you need to know for your appointments. Regulations are ever changing and failure to check this notice may result in delay of your appointment and extended wait time for other who are prepared.
Appt check in changes:
- You must arrive pre-brushed. Our brushing stations are temporarily closed till Covid cases have declined.
- Patient mask is not required as we will be in your mouth. Wear a mask if you prefer.
- Only curbside check in is permitted. Please do not approach the door.
- Upon arrival call in patient name, your confirmed appt time, your cell phone number.
- Our staff will perform a phone health screening on the phone.
- If you pass your screening your will be assigned a patient number for the visit. Please be patient. We cannot anticipate the wait time for treatment for the 1st couple visits due to the amount patients who could not be seen.
- If you fail the screening you will be provided a new appt and will be sent away.
- Reception will call your cell phone when the patient may enter the office. Only the patient will be permitted to enter with the exception of special needs patients that needs a guardian, or a new patient that needs parents with them for consultation. If patient is a minor, we assure you our staff is well trained in treating special needs, young children and have safety training to keep your child safe. You will be refused entry so please do not attempt entry with your child. We apologize for this great inconvenience but we are following regulations.
- Any person except the patient will be required to wear a mask to enter.
- When called into the office, please enter the vestibule between the double doors and wait for your clinician.
- A clinician will require visitors to thoroughly sanitize hands.
- A clinician will the take all visitor temps by infrared thermometer and record names with temp on our facility daily log. If a visitor temperature is above 100.4 patient will be denied entry, and our staff will call to reschedule your appt.
- We have closed our teeth brushing stations
- We have removed hard-to-disinfect items and toys in office to make it easier to clean frequently during the day.
- We are allowing more time between appointments to manage social distancing between patients.
- We have placed plexiglass dividers between treatment areas and toothbrush stations.
- All staff, including the front office staff, will be wearing masks
- During procedures clinicians will be wearing gowns, and clear eye protection and/or face shields.
- We ask that everyone who enters the office to sanitize, take temp and wear a face covering including our staff and deliveries.
- There may be other changes as we try to keep social distancing to six feet as much is humanly possible.
Our office follows and will stay up to date on infection control recommendations made by the:
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Michigan Dental association (MDA)
- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you and every patient safe in our office. Please call our office if you have any questions, concerns. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you very soon.
Dr. John J Lupini and Team